Paving 31 memory cobblestones: 3 and 4 November 2015
The association for the memory of the Holocaust will proceed to pave 31 memory cobblestones, 3 of which were commissioned by the Auschwitz Foundation (Maria Laja Kruszel, Icek [Jacques] Kruszel and Gela [Catherine] Calka). The activity will take place on Tuesday 3 November in Brussels and Wednesday 4 in Brussels and Liège.
Study trip: “On the traces of the Shoah in Poland”: Summer 2016
Award ceremony of the Auschwitz Foundation Prizes 2014-2015
The annual award ceremony for the Auschwitz Foundation Prizes took place at the Brussels City Hall on 8 October.
Inauguration of the square Paul Halter
The square Paul Halter was inaugurated on 6 October in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean (Brussels).
Conference “History and memory of the persecution of homosexuals by the Nazis”: December 5, 2014
The Auschwitz Foundation – Remembrance of Auschwitz is organizing a round table on Friday December 5 from 5pm to 7pm on the question of the persecution of homosexuals during the Second World War.
Paving 31 memory cobblestones: October 29 & 30, 2014
The association for the memory of the Shoah (AMS) will proceed to pave 40 memory cobblestones, of which 31 by the Auschwitz Foundation, on Wednesday 29 and Thursday 30 of October, at the following times:
Evening Aharon Appelfeld at the Flagey Building, May 21, 2014
Evening Aharon Appelfeld, English spoken, on Wednesday May 21 at 20:15 at the Flagey Building.
- Unveiling of the “B” sculpture, January 30, 2014
- Exhibition “Belgium, 1914-1945: Witnesses in the Eye of the Storm”
- Program for the seminars in 2015-2016
- Inauguration of the Memorials in honor of the brothers Livschitz
- Opening reception of the Exhibition "Belgium, 1914-1945: Witnesses in the Eye of the Storm": September 5, 2013
- Award of the 2012-2013 Auschwitz Foundation Prizes: October 10, 2013
- International Symposium on the Sonderkommandos from May 23 to May 25, 2013 in Brussels
- Seminar “Violence, remembrance and transmission through comics”, on March 7 and 8, 2013
- Symposium “Current status of the memory” on January 18 and 19, 2013 in Paris
- Andreas Huyssen conference “The shadow theater as a means of political remembrance” on 11 December 2012
- Conference “New Directions in Holocaust Research with a special emphasis on Educational applicability” on 9 December 2012
- Award of the 2011-2012 Auschwitz Foundation Prizes: 11/10/2012
- New documentary on Jewish memories of the Marolles-Midi district
- New exhibition by Remembrance of Auschwitz
- Conference “Primo Levi, the man, the witness, the writer”: April 11, 2012
- Study Visit 2012 to Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Seminar “History in films, between fiction and documentary”: 22 and 23 March 2012
- Conference by Professor Peter Kuon on: “The Salzburg University KZ-memoria scripta Interdisciplinary Research Group Project”: March 9, 2012
- March 2, 2012: Conference at the inauguration of an exhibition on Primo Levi
- One-day conference: “Remembrance visits”: 23 February 2012
- February 22, 2012: screening of the documentary on Jewish memories of the Marolles-Midi district
- Theatre: Martin Sherman’s play BENT on stage in Brussels during January 2012
- One-day conference on the Brussels Gestapo Headquarters: Friday 21 October 2011
- Espace Magh Remembers Marolles-Midi October 8, 2011 at 17 h 30
- Award of 2010-2011 Auschwitz Foundation Prizes: Thursday 22 September 2011
- Film Screening